I Sound Like a Three Year Old

Noah has yet to grasp the nuances of the English language. Okay, let's be honest-- Noah has yet to grasp the basics of the English language. Yet, that doesn't stop him from talking. In fact, he talks all the time, and we understand him about 90% of that time--at best.

I can only wish that I'd have the unawareness of my poor grasp of the Spanish language that Noah has for his native tongue. If I was as unaware as Noah, I'd get out there and practice my Spanish. I'd talk to whomever would listen. I'd communicate with the world around me even though I have the wrong endings, tense, grammar and gender. Realistically, when we are in Nicaragua, I will probably sound a lot like my three year old...but that is okay (however, it just won't sound as cute coming from me as it does from him.)

Popular Posts