Profitable Fishing

We spent the last week visiting my grandmother who lives on a lake in the Catskill Mountains of NY. We enjoyed feeding the ducks, playing in the water, rowboating, hiking, and a favorite of the kids---fishing. Andrew even eats the fish he catches. I think it is gross...but apparently, this is very thrilling to a little boy who loves to fish!

Anyway, one morning, I was sitting on the porch, which overlooks the lake, with my Bible and a cup of coffee. I "randomly" came across this passage of Scripture in Matthew 17: "...so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin."
We didn't fish out any "funds" from the lake...but if you know of any profitable fishing spots...let us know! LOL!

Here's a thought that goes under the category of "it's all fun and games until someone gets hyperspiritual": this passage of God's Word shows the amazing and complete power and dominion Jesus possesses. It was a good reminder for me...God is indeed in control of our fundraising for Nica.

Popular Posts