Frost Jars Found!

After multiple shopping trips spanning three days, several opportunities to practice humility as well as the Spanish language, and a few tense discussions on the best approach to find the remaining school supplies...we have nearly everything our kids need for school here in Nicaragua! Yesterday, we decided to divide and conquer; which really means that Jeff takes the kids to go share a soda and I wander around the school supply store 75 times until I find the remaining items on the supply list. I now know how to say with confidence "yo tengo una pregunta" which means "I have a question". Upon inquiring, it was discovered that the illusive "frost jars" are in actuality small tubes of glitter. [Congrats to Jeff's Mom for her correct guess of "glitter" and thanks to all of our readers who chimed in with their ideas!] Seriously though, it may have truly scarred Ella NOT to have her own glitter!

So, with "milk erasers, frost jars, liquid silicon, eskimo paddles" and many other supplies, I got in line to pay at the counter. It was then that I realized that I had left my wallet at home (thankfully there was one person in line ahead of me). Praise the Lord for the technology of cell phones! I called Jeff and beckoned him to come rescue me and the mountain of school supplies that took me nearly an hour to collect!

The sight of all the bright colored paper, tape, scissors, glue, glitter, new notebooks, lunchbags, erasers, pencils, markers, pens....is helping the kids feel a little more excited to start classes at a new school with a "new language." It will be a new experience for all of us...but at least we have the frost jars.


"Frost Jars, a.k.a. Glitter"

Popular Posts