Rock My World

Moving to Nicaragua has definitely "rocked our world"; but this past week our world was truly rocked as we experienced our first Nicaraguan earthquake. It was reported to be "short but strong" at a 5.1. This was my first earthquake and honestly, it did "rock my world." I had no frame of reference as to why the small pieces of furniture were moving along the floor OR why the windows were rattling OR why the floor was shaking. It wasn't until Jeff informed me that we were experiencing an earthquake that I realized what was happening. It is a bit un-nerving to realize that "solid" is subjective. It was however an excellent reminder of how all-powerful our God is AND that He alone is our rock, our foundation. "Being in control" is merely an allusion and the earthquake reminded me of this reality. My hope, my assurance, my foundation is in Christ. He is the only true "solid".

On Christ, the solid rock, I stand
All other ground is sinking sand

(from the hymn The Solid Rock by Edward Mote)

Popular Posts