A Feast with a Dish of Icecream

There are a few places in the Bible which I tend to read often. I call them my default passages. When in doubt (of what to read), read Isaiah 55 or Psalm 23. Psalm 23 is one of those passages of Scripture that can conjure up a funeral scene in a Hollywood film. Yet, Psalm 23 is very much about life and being renewed. Recently, to help improve our Spanish listening skills, we've been listening to some great music en español. One of the songs by Kari Jobe that I personally love is called Gozándome which is a song about Psalm 23. Funny that out of all the songs on the CD...none of which I can fully understand (okay, or even partially understand)...my favorite is the one about Psalm 23.

Tonight, as I was enjoying the last scoop of "American Ice Cream" that we found in the store...I thought of verse 5 in Psalm 23.
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.

In the presence of the enemy of "culture stress" or the enemy of the clock (lots to do...not enough time)...I am thankful for the "feast" of a dish of ice cream. Okay, perhaps a dish of "American ice cream" was not what the Psalmist was talking about...but I am thankful that God knows when we need some TLC.

Popular Posts