Bloom Where You're Planted

We've been blog slackers. I admit it. Life has hit a busy status quo. Much of the shock of being in a new culture has worn off and what we used to notice as different has become 'commonplace.' (Although, I still find it completely amusing to see livestock grazing in the medians or along the side of the road on the major roadways.)

Lately, I've been having a rough time accepting this as normal life. It seems that along with acclimation comes the realization that this IS our life. Sounds rather pessimistic, huh? I suppose this has also resulted in a slacker blogger attitude.

I confessed to God today that I am having a bad attitude. I then realized that I am not here to DO anything. I am not here for ANY OTHER reason other than this is where God has asked us to be right now. So, I am going to rest in that and try to "go with it". Trying to fabricate purpose or over-analyze life is not necessarily helpful. What is helpful is to see this journey (life) as the process of being sanctified by Christ (a refining process) for the glory of God. My journey happens to be taking place in Nicaragua.

Using a cutesy proverb, I should 'bloom where I'm planted'. Although, Colossians 2:7 tells me: Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. So, using this as my renewed starting point at our almost 2 year anniversary of moving to Nicaragua....may I grow down into Him and may I overflow with thankfulness...regardless of location.


Popular Posts