My Musings (as a mom at home in a foreign country) On This Tuesday

As I sit here writing, I am both typing and answering my son who wants to know what time his friend is coming today (but he can not yet tell time), so my answer is meaningless...but not answering is mean. I also have a parakeet sitting on my shoulder because she is noisy when she is in her cage and I don't feel like listening to that....by the way, the parakeet insists on preening my hair.  Sometimes life with kids (and it seems more so when you are home, all day, all-together, all the time) is best defined by the word "entropy."

en·tro·py
ˈentrəpē/
noun
  1. 1.
    PHYSICS
    a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
  2. 2.
    lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder.

The parakeet just flew off my shoulder and landed on Noah's head.  Yes, 'gradual decline into disorder' about sums it up.

Here are a couple of other musings...


  • Sometimes I feel like I live in a cave. I felt that way this week because it seemed EVERYONE was posting about the Oscars on Facebook.  Okay, I have NEVER heard of the movie Dallas Buyers Club.  I had to look up what song Pink sang...and that fact that I knew Pink existed and is a singer is unusual.
  • Homeschooling is hard. I feel clueless. I fear I will raise clue-less children.  However, more so is that the truth is...I'm a bit lazy.  I could teach my self to teach them.  There are great resources out there, like Khan Academy. I could easily watch a video of how to teach long-division and then teach long-division, right?  Yeah, well, when I have "free time", I'd rather be doing something mindless like being marginally social by skimming through Facebook's Newsfeed.    Yet, as I posted on FB the other day...I do LOVE my kids and I do PRAY for them.  I am not so clueless that I can't see that the benefits outweigh the costs (and insecurities) of homeschooling.  God has been gracious in allowing me to see the beautiful beginnings of fruit produced from the time in which we have spent homeschooling thus far.
  • Laundry and dishes reproduce when we turn our backs.  (Thankful that our kids are old enough to do dishes and laundry.)
**Today's blog has been brought to you by PMS.**

Popular Posts