How Do You Spell "Soup"?

Something bizarre happens when you are trying to learn a new language. You forget how to spell words (even simple words) in your native language. In the middle of language class a few days ago, I (Bethany) was trying to write down the Spanish word for soup and as well as the English translation. I wrote, S-O-P-A, which is the Spanish word for soup. Then, I wrote, S-O-A-P. I looked at it...and thought, that doesn't look right. I looked at Jeff and our Spanish teacher, Eliel, and said, "I can't remember how to spell "soup". Okay, I was never a good speller to begin with...but SOUP...c'mon! We'll see how long this bizarre phenomemon lasts. (By the way, did I spell "phenomenon" correctly?...our blog spell checker has defaulted to Spanish and so it says all my words are spelled wrong.)

Popular Posts