I Know the Plans

Jeff and I both have several half written, never posted blog 'embryos'. I know, for me personally, I feel a bit maxed out on learning. Perhaps I need to apply previous lessons to current circumstances. However that puts me at a place where I can't effectively communicate in a succinct blog post. But, I'll give it a try....

This past weekend the sermon was on the topic of "purpose". There was one point out of the five that were discussed that resonated with me, in part because it somewhat echoed a line in a favorite song of mine. The point that was made was: God's call and purpose will take me beyond my natural experiences or plans. God's purpose and plan for me personally is quite different than the plans I made for myself long ago before I walked intimately with the Lord. His plans, while at the moment, require a lot of work, are infinitely better than any of the plans I made for myself. I know from Jeremiah 29:11 that God has 'plans for me, plans to prosper me and not harm me, plans that give me a hope and a future.'

The evidence and fact that God, the Creator of the Universe, who holds all things together...made plans and purpose for me....yeah, I'm pretty sure His plans are better.

The song that I mentioned is:
I'm Letting Go by Francesca Basistelli
I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
I’m losing control
Of my destiny
It feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe

Popular Posts