Not By My Strength

I know...we've been M.I.A. in the blog world. My apologies. The last couple of weeks have been unusually busy. Over 20 CVMers from the U.S. and Latin America have been in-country for a conference. The CVM group is meeting at a teaching farm about an hour from here...all week...so I am holding down the fort while Jeff is at the conference. And 'oh so conveniently', school started the same week. It's been a whirlwind. It has felt crazy at times. But, 'ya know what?'...I've seen and experienced this week what happens when you let God's strength flow through you instead of getting in the way or trying to do things on your own pitiful strength. This week has been a blazing example for me of Philippians 4:13 (which I have read time and time again)..."I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." I think part of what I had to learn this week was that I have to first admit that I am not capable on my own, that I am not omnipotent (you can laugh...but sometimes I live like I can control every detail of life)...and that it may indeed give God greater glory by letting Him work through me to live the life He has planned for me rather than fighting Him, trying to act on my own, then 'saying sorry' and begging for help. I may be wrong...but either way...experiencing the power and strength of God to live the "everyday" stuff has been liberating.

I can do everything...laundry, cooking, bedtime stories, driving in Central America, washing dishes, squashing bugs, helping with homework, attempting to communicate in another language, caring for my kids, packing lunches....through Christ who gives me strength.

Popular Posts