Are we there yet?!

Today, we have the blessing of sharing two different meals with two differnt wonderful families whom we have the privilege of calling friends. The kids have been up since 6 o'clock this morning asking me when we are leaving. I've given them the necessary information, yet for 2 out 3 who can't tell time, this information is useless (and the one who can tell time is in a minute-by-minute countdown mode). I am so glad that they are excited and looking forward to this day full of fellowship...but I can't accelerate time and I want them to be patient. Yeah, I know..."whatever!"

Then it struck me--OOOOHHHH, is this what I sound like to God? "When are we going to Nicaragua? Is it time yet? When are we leaving? How much longer?" For someone like me, who can't tell "time" on God's clock...I am responding much the same as my little children. I am excited and looking forward to the fellowship (and adventure)but I must be patient. Yeah, you gotta love these moments when you realize you have so much to learn!

Popular Posts