Mixed Feelings

It is Thursday morning as I (Jeff) write this. I would normally be in the operating room on a Thursday morning, doing one of my favorite things...surgery (the way to heal is with cold steel). Yesterday was my last day of "work", so instead I am getting our affairs in order as we get ready to move to North Carolina for missions training.

I have mixed feelings. I enjoyed practicing medicine and surgery, and working with my friends at the Kirkwood Animal Hospital, but I am also very excited for this next stage of my life. I feel like this past stage of my life was necessary preparation for what comes next, and I feel like I am closer to doing what God has created me to do...what he has prepared for me to do. I am very excited for what comes next, even as I grieve the minor loss of my past enjoyment. Hence the mixed feelings.

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (NIV)

p.s. Thank you to my friends at the Kirkwood Animal Hospital. You made my time there enjoyable. Thank you for being a friend to me, and for loving on my family.

Popular Posts