How would you (will you) respond?

post by Jeff
The other evening we attended a local church for a time of fellowship. Near the end of our time, an opportunity was presented to help one of the ministries here in Managua. They were asking for people who would be willing to fill a Christmas basket with food and toiletries for the women that this ministry serves; women that are coming out of prostitution. We chose one of the cards hanging on the tree indicating who we were to buy for. We thought that there was a mistake when we looked at the information card that we had chosen. It said that the woman we had chosen was 11 years old. We asked our friends, who had also chosen a name, if this was a daughter of one of the women. No, this 11 year old girl is the "woman"! Our friends showed us their card, it was for a 10 year old girl.

On our way home, we drove by the same 2 brothels that we drove by on the way there; but I looked at them differently. Were there little girls in there now? I admit that I have heard of such things on news shows like Dateline or 20/20; but this is happening just down the street from where I now live. I can't wrap my head around this. How am I to respond? How are you to respond?

I am thankful for the ministry of House of Hope and will seek to help them in any way that I can.

Popular Posts