Jesus Had to Learn to Crawl

[this is a rather unpolished look at life in the moment.]

Being good at NOTHING as we learn Nica life, language and culture is frustrating, disheartening, discouraging, and exhausting! (I am a classic over-achiever.)

I am thankful that God never leaves me. I am thankful that God seeks to grow me. I am thankful that He communicates with me through His Word. I read Paul's comment in 2 Corinthians 12:10 which says, "Each time he said, My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." I am providing God with much weakness in which to exhibit His Power. It is amazing how you are stripped of your strengths in a season of adjustment like the one we are in now. However, I know God's Power and Glory will shine well through my weakness. There is no doubt that the strength to learn and live, as well as, the accomplishments of the day (albeit minor) are because of God.

Last night as I was falling to sleep, I thought--Jesus came to Earth, a culture quite different from His Heavenly Culture, and He came as a helpless baby! I feel like a helpless baby at times here. Jesus had to learn the language. Jesus had to learn to crawl before He learned to walk. Okay, granted He chose to be bound to the constraints of the earth...yet, He knows how I feel. He has had to "adjust" to new surroundings, a new culture. He had to learn as a child. I am learning like a child--trial and error, repetition, depending on others to help and guide. I can take heart in the fact that Jesus has "been there, done that" and therefore He can meet me where I am and love me through it.

posted by bethany

Popular Posts