Unexpected Visitors

Having unexpected visitors drop-in is part of life here. It takes flexibility. I'm learning.

Although, this week, we had two very unexpected visitors...of the bird variety. Maybe I should mention that Noah has been praying that God would bring him a parrot. These visiting birds were not parrots...but perhaps I am being prepared for that which Noah is praying.

The first feathered visitor came against its will. We have a wrought iron door through which the cat has learned to escape. The kids were at school. I was sitting at my desk working on the computer when I heard a lot of commotion behind me. I turned around to see the cat dragging a bird in through that wrought iron door. The bird flew to a plant we have in living room and tried to hide. Feathers were flying. The cat was quite proud of herself and continued to "play" with her victim. Our gardener, who only comes once a week, conveniently was here and I enlisted him to "catch the bird". Here is a snapshot of a very proud kitten and her "catch".



Then, yesterday, the kids and I were chillin' out on a Saturday morning while Jeff was out and about helping a friend. The front door was left open to give the cat a place to re-enter since she had 'escaped' earlier. A little bird decided to hop in and visit with our family. It stayed for nearly an hour. The kids and I had a great time taking photos, video-recording the fun, as well as, attempting to get the our new feathered friend OUT of the house. Here are a few snapshots of the fun.





Popular Posts