Comrades In Arms



Last week we had the pleasure of 'skyping' with a group of kids from our beloved church in Delaware. These youth are very special to us. We appreciate them, in part because they are our friends, but as I (Jeff) reflected on what they really mean to us I thought of another reason why they are all even more important and valuable to us.

These kids are of immense value to us because they pray for us!  To be honest, when it comes to understanding prayer, I have more questions than answers, but boy am I glad that these kids are praying. In ways that I don't understand, they are a means of protection and encouragement for us.  And while, I don't totally understand prayer...I sure do appreciate it! 

Let me take this a step further and define what I mean by prayer; because in the American culture, prayer can mean: well wishes, good thoughts or hope for luck. These types of "prayers" are not the kind I mean. I'm referring to real, Biblical, Ephesians 6 kinda prayer – spiritual warfare kind of prayer.  These kids put on the full armor of God and engage in battle on our behalf.

To our young comrades in arms that pray for us -- we thank you for engaging in battle for us, for fighting with us, and having an effect in the spiritual and physical worlds on our behalf. You've got our back and we need it and we feel it. Thank you for praying, and please “be persistent in your prayers” Eph. 6:18 (NLT)

Our Comrades

Popular Posts