Bothered Conscience

Well, yet again, I have gotten lost on my way to post a blog.

My conscience is bothered that I have not made public the news of the monkey's passing.  Yes, that is right, the monkey passed away a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, my medically minded husband sought the cause of death.  He determined it to be a combination of stress and depression from moving from her home of 15 years away from her owner, plus the health issues associated with obesity (chronic pancreatitis and diabetes).   As Noah, so well put it, "it is sad to lose something that God created."

So, the current zoo only contains two dogs, two cats and a small turtle.  Noah is hoping for a local type of parakeet called a chocoyo.  Which is probable...so stay tuned!

Okay, so I was going to end the blog here.  But of course, I had some pictures that I wanted to post of the the monkey; however, I have to tell you more of the story to explain the photos. LOL.

So, a few days before the monkey died, she was rather lethargic.  So, we removed her from the cage and tied a leash around her belly.  (Yes, that seemed like a good idea at the time).  We thought that while she was kinda 'low-energy', we could get her accustomed to the idea of wearing a leash.  Jeff thought she might be in some what of a "diabetic" state, so we went inside to get some juice.  When I came out, she was gone. The leash was empty.  No monkey in sight.  I yelled for Jeff!  We looked all around, mostly 'up.'  I called a few neighbors to inform them that if they happened to see a monkey, to please call us.  It was kinda amusing when you think of it.  Not the 'everyday' type of situation.  So, 24 hours went by and we figured she was gone.  Then, Noah came running and yelling into the house that he had found the monkey!  She has been hiding in the storage room.  We are not sure if she had been there the whole time or had taken refuge there at some point in the night.  Of course, I took advantage of taking some photos of her while she was free of the bars of the cage.  She wasn't the kindest of monkeys and therefore I couldn't get her into the cage.  So, I sat nearby, keeping watch.  Yeah, I had no plan...I mean, really, what would I have done if she tried to run away?!  When Jeff came home, he managed to get her back in her cage.  He gave her a few medications and some fluids, but to no avail.

Here are a few photos of Reina, the monkey.







Popular Posts