Rest....It Is Mandatory

It is officially Semana Santa (Holy Week) here in Nicaragua.  We decided this year to get away for a few days at the beach.  It is quiet and peaceful and air-conditioned. A great opportunity to rest, relax, and be refreshed. In theory.  

I am NOT good at "resting".  I really like productivity (like, REALLY), list-making and task completion.  It is kind of like a disease. It has been a challenge for me to just "rest."  Pitiful, I know.

Now, I know that translations vary, however, the English Standard Version of Psalm 23 says:
The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want [to make a list, finish a task, get something done for the sake of getting something done].  He MAKES me lie down in green pastures [since I don't lie down of my own accord, yet I need to rest]. He leads me besides still waters.  [embellishments mine]

This is what God has taught me over the last couple of days.  

Post blog. CHECK. Just kidding!

Popular Posts