Tuesday's Teachable Tidbit

[Thanks Shannan Blair for the inspiration to come up with an alliteration using Tuesday and teaching.]

For our current read-aloud, we are reading a book called A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck. It is set around the time of the Depression. As we were reading, there was a historical reference to Armistice Day. Thinking I'd be all super integrated and smart, I mentioned to Andrew that he should research Armistice Day when we finished reading. He then proceeds to educate me on the details of the armistice—including the signing taking place in a train car. So, lest I fear that my children are not learning, I will remind myself of this moment. (By the way, I researched Armistice Day myself and learned a few things...okay, a lot of things.) My children may be learning math, reading, writing, as well as history and science, but I am learning humility.

[not sure what the scrunchy face is--
probably a protest to the photo being taken]
Andrew, age 12, our resident history buff and voracious reader 

Popular Posts