- Butter stays solid without refrigeration in Colorado.
- Chips don't get stale if the bag is left open BUT bread gets hard if the bag is left open.
- Toilet seats are cold in the morning.
- Speaking of toilets, you can flush paper here. (Caught myself looking for a trashcan in someone's powder room the other day in which to put my toilet paper. That would have been awkward.)
- The check-out person has no need to touch my credit card....I can swipe it myself...or insert it into the chip reader--which by the way beeps loudly when you need to remove your card.
- You have to bring your own cart out to the car.
- There aren't any guards at any of the stores. Cameras suffice. The kids say America must work on the 'honor system.'
- Water and Sanitation fees are WAY higher here. But then again, you can also drink from the tap.
- You can cross 'the paint' on the road...mostly.
- You can return things...even if you kinda used them. A.MAZ.ING.
- Decision-fatigue is a real thing. (Just stick with the 'flavor' of Cheerios you know!)
- It is quiet at night.
- Hello--daylight savings! It is light out until 8ish!
- I still reach for the emergency brake where it was in my SUV in Nicaragua.
- Left is HOT, Right is COLD--they're not both cold.
- If you spill sugar or something sweet on the counter--it is not covered with ants within minutes.
- Irony: expensive avocados and mangos (tiny expensive avocados and mangos) and cheap apples and berries.
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Some 'randomness' to start the week off right....
Posted by the Bracht family at 10:03 PM